Keeping it Fresh: Build an Interesting Marketing Blog
Which is more important? A beautiful and compelling web design, or a company website with a compelling and informative blog?
Most people today are still stuck in the 20th century, and believe that marketing is 99% visual. The purpose of this article is to help you catch up with current events and present day reality. Read it a couple of times and bookmark it for later. Because I am confident to say that The Marketing Blog should be the Central Hub of all of your online marketing strategy and activity.
Here are few questions people are asking:
- If I already have a website, why do I need a blog?
- What’s the difference between a website and a blog?
- Why should every business have a marketing blog?
These are the questions that most small business owners new to online marketing ask. Let me describe it this way- if your website is your home, your blog is the “living room” in that home. The living room where you constantly provide fresh insights about your business and industry. The same kind of living room which allows people to voice out their comments about a certain topic you wrote and share their opinions, too.
In short, in the language of online marketing, a marketing blog is an effective way to attract fresh leads and traffic to your website and business on a consistent basis.
“But don’t online social marketing strategies and other search engine campaigns do that already?” you ask. They do, yes. But the nature of online social marketing and other SEM campaigns allow for shorter attention span advertising tactics while the nature of blogs allow you to discuss certain ideas and updates on a more in-depth level. Bigger grounds and broader topics can be covered under a single article.
Consumers or other business prospects will always be looking for value. And it is through your marketing blog where you can prove that you can commit to giving value.
There are 4 basic ingredients on how to make your marketing blog work right for your business. They are:
- Consistency – your blog should be able to consistently provide new info and insight.
- Authority – knowledge on the subject matter. As well as social proof, meaning that your industry will show your followers that your business can provide value for them.
- Uniqueness – since the online world is a war of attentions, standing-out is always a great way to keep your blog interesting. Your blog should be able to show how you are different from your competitors. At the same time, it should be search engine friendly enough to make it stand-out in search rankings.
- Connectivity – replying to the readers’ comments and questions, keeping the community active, allowing friendly debates – these are signs of connectivity. In a sense, you could say, blogging is really not that easy. It is high-maintenance precisely because you need to keep the interests of your readers high.
Keeping the interest of your community high also boils down to quality and valuable content.
This is also the key to getting high ranking search results. How so? Google algorithms generally consider the “user experience” factor when ranking search results. This means that if you are able to attract traffic because of the relevant and quality of content you provide, there’s a pretty good chance that Google will rank your content higher.
So you provide Google with “credible” search results as proven by the traffic you drive and in return, Google returns the favor by ranking you higher, giving your content again the significant traffic it deserves. Sounds like a chicken-egg-egg-chicken cycle, yes? Not really. Again, in the end, it starts with quality content.
“Increased frequency of blogging correlates with increased customer acquisition, according to…HubSpot 92% of of blog users who posted multiple times a day acquired a customer through their blog, a figure that decreased to 66% for those who blogged monthly and 43% for those who posted less than monthly.” (Marketing Charts)
So, what do you write about on your marketing blog?
- Updated industry news
- Top tips,
- Other top lists,
- Interviews of industry authorities
Those are just few of the general categories that can be blogged about.
But creativity is limitless. So you can always think of something more interesting to write about. Now, there’s a good challenge!
Marketing Blog In A Nutshell
Just to recap, I want to give you a quick summary of what a Marketing Blog is, and what all it can do for your business.
- Your Marketing Blog is your Hub. It’s your living room. All other sites, especially your social media, lead to this one central location. It’s where the conversation takes place.
- Your Marketing Blog is an effective way to attract fresh leads to your business. Blogging regularly, combined with lead capture systems and strategies is an incredibly powerful way to capture leads for your business. Combine your blog with your email marketing strategy, and you have a super titanium lead generation weapon in both hands.
- Your Marketing Blog will prove to your community and industry that you are set to provide value and high quality products or services for your clients.
- Your Marketing Blog needs 4 basic ingredients for it to be effective. They are: Consistency, Authority, Uniqueness, and Conectivity.
- Your Marketing Blog will have an incredible effect on your SEO, and organic search listings. Google LOVES blogs. Especially blogs that are engaging and full of High Quality and valuable content, and lots of interaction.
- Your Marketing Blog should be known as a go-to source for good information about you and your industry. Therefore you should be writing about industry news, hot tips, and showing graphs, videos, and photos that are relevant to you and your topic. There is more than enough to write about, once you tap into your God-given creative ability.
- Your Marketing Blog needs to get started today. That is why we are here. Let us help you by either setting up your blog, and lead generation systems for you. Or, by teaching and training you how to create and develop your own marketing blog.